Leave Evaporator Coil Cleaning to the Professionals
The air conditioning system cannot function with a dirty evaporator coil. Homeowners will experience higher-than-average temperatures, increased utility bills, and other inconveniences without proper maintenance. It's vital, however, that homeowners leave evaporator coil cleaning to the experts.
A professional HVAC specialist can do more than wipe down debris and keep the coil clean. They can suggest other preventative measures to keep the AC system running smoothly. They can also address small problems before affecting the system's operations. One should contact a specialist when they notice any of the following signs:
The AC System Will Have a Loss of Cooling Function
Mold, dirt, and insect matter can prevent the evaporator coil from efficiently cooling warm air. In addition to less-than-ideal temperatures, this can result in:
- Increased energy usage. One shouldn't rely on box fans to keep their home cool if they have an AC system. They could find themselves paying more to keep these devices running simultaneously for long periods.
- More humidity. The house will feel warmer than expected without a properly working air conditioner. Clothes may feel damp, and condensation could form on windows. This can eventually lead to mold growth and other complications.
Frost Forms on the Evaporator Coil
Reasons for a frozen evaporator coil include:
- The air filter needs replacing.
- The evaporator coil isn't efficiently drawing in warm air.
- The refrigerant is leaking from the system.
- The outdoor temperature is too cool.
This is where partnering with an HVAC professional can come in handy. They can determine why the evaporator coil has frost and render the appropriate repairs. They can also replace any refrigerant that has left the system if that's the culprit.
The AC Goes for Longer Cycles
The AC system shouldn't be on all the time. Not only can this cause above-average wear and tear, but it can also cause a noticeable increase in the home's energy bill. The AC system should only be on for 15 minutes at a time. Then, once the home gets to the desired temperature, it'll shut off. It'll only turn back on once the temperature starts to increase.
If the AC system stays on too long, the system isn't getting to the right temperature. It also means that the evaporator coil isn't doing a good job of cooling warm air. Cleaning the coil can help the AC get and maintain the appropriate temperature. If one isn't sure how to do this, they should reach out to a strained professional.
About C. Woods Company
C. Woods Company grabs HVAC problems by the horns. Since 1956, these professionals have served Tyler, Texas, and the surrounding area. Not only do they have a top rating on HomeAdvisor, but in 2021, they were named the best plumbers in Tyler. For more information on AC repair, one can call today to learn more. They can also visit their website to learn more about making an appointment.